Saturday, May 7, 2011

FLASH MOB

Flash Mobs are so awesome. They are totally spontaneous live expressions of art. The element of surprise of an unsuspecting audience is part of what makes them so successful. The coordination and unexpected homogeneity of the performers as well as the number of them is also an element that makes them successful. generally the more people you have, the better it is. There are a lot of flash mobs that incorporate song and dance in their performance, there are also a good number of them that will incorporate some element of the pop culture or social iconic consciousness.
 
These are some of my favorite examples of flash mobs. I couldn't stop watching youtube flash mob videos!

In class we talked about doing a flash mob that would involve ninjas or cowboys and indians fighting. We also thought about doind a game of duck duck goose in the bike circles. We also talked about doing a flash mob in lecture like breaking out in song or getting our cell phones to all go off at one time to surprise Kip and tthe rest of the class. I liked the idea of duck duck goose the best. I thought it would be funny to bring an elementary school activity to a college campus environment. I really wanted to do a song and dance. it's been so long since I learned choreography and performed, but it's something that I love doing. I was a cheerleader in high school so I really enjoy performing and learning dances. But that wasn't the most original idea and I think some of our other ideas are really original and good. I'm really excited about this exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment