Monday, May 30, 2011

Art Show: The Bellagio Gallery Room, Las Vegas


 At the Bellagio Las Vegas there was a very awesome over the top art gallery complete with parrots in a glass aviary, I never would have guessed that there was art in a place like Las Vegas but there was. Even though the vast majority of people who see it will never appreciate it like they appreciate their pseudo tribal lower back stamp or bicep tattoo stating their biker gang status.
 They had umbrellas hung from the ceiling making beautiful 3d patterns. They had a ferris wheel that lit up, they had a handmade tree and fake hot air balloons hanging everywhere. it looked like a little wonderland. It was really magical and interesting. No artists were cited here. There were also rose parade style larger than life birds made out of some seeds or some organic looking material.






I liked the Chihuly ceiling a lot. It was huge! it covered the length of the lobby much larger than I had seen in pictures. Finally my own picture of it is to the right. I loved the organic shapes and structures that I saw in the Bellagio. I was greatly impressed by its gallery, if only there were more places in Las Vegas like this, if only hotels they used their money for art also, because they can afford such extravagant things, they might attract a classier crowd.
ADIOS LAS VEGAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment