Thursday, June 2, 2011

My Personal Space Project






For my personal space project, I decided to have a table where people could relive their childhood for a few moments via toys and play objects that would possibly conjure up nostalgia. I covered the table with paper and had crayons, paints, markers, a few balls, play doh, and bubbles. I invited people to come play and dressed up in a tutu with pigtails and an oversized shirt. I wanted to convey the image of a little girl just playing who wore whatever she wanted for the day. I stood outside the Ucen. I had not a lot of people come to my table. I think because it was so early and they were going out to classes, all busy. The people that did come however were really enjoying themselves. I think that Play doh was the most popular object. I also had a question written down for people to write their answer on the paper. I asked "what do you miss most about being a child?" Some people wrote answers, but since I didn't get much traffic anyway I didn't get many answers. I got a few funny responses such as "pokemon" and "light up shoes" "everything" "just miss having fun" I talked to people and I think that the most common thing that people miss are a sense of carefree and no worries as well as not having to provide for oneself. I had a great time interacting with people and it was a very successful experience.I just wanted to give people an escape and touch on a few happy memories from their past playtimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment