Monday, May 2, 2011

My Sequence Project








I was inspired by Robert Maplethorpe's work to create a narrative using black and white flower  film photographs to depict a theme. My theme was beauty fading and the cyclical way that life works. The rose started as a bud and grew and grew until it withered and died. The use of focus was one of the indicators of my intentions. The focus started out normal then got really crisp while the flower was in full bloom, then it started to fade at the end because it was dead. The only thing left was what was on the inside after it's beauty had faded. The pollen seeds on the inside of the flower would be what would carry on and repeat the life cycle of this flower. That is how it's beauty survives. I wanted this project to be a sequential narrative that told a story of beauty fading and the rebirth of life anew.

No comments:

Post a Comment